[kj] Fave song on Outside the Gates

Chris Graham chrisdgraham22 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 14:43:49 EDT 2014

I just recently made myself listen to OTG and discovered that I really
like Stay One Jump Ahead! It's a fabulous guitar riff (similar feel to
Victory, it seems to me) and I like the rappy interlude in the middle,
performed with such ridiculously happy gusto that I can't help liking it.

I generally end up crazy about 2 or 3 songs off most KJ albums with a
few exceptions. On Democracy, I'm wild about Aeon (for it's soaring
guitar melody) and Pilgrimmage (for it's bouncy exhuberance and
touching lyrics).

Exceptions: I don't like What's This For.....?! at all (but I'm wild about
recent live renditions of Madness) and I like the 1980 Killing Joke album
in it's entirety.

I didn't like the 2003 album version of Loose Cannon much, but this
brutal live rendition at Faust Studios totally blows me away. Good example
of why do-overs are allowed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6nV1FeGd94