[kj] Official KJ site updated with news:

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Fri May 20 08:21:02 EDT 2011

We're getting into semantics here, but regardless of terminology, how
exactly is a email list *different* from an open forum?

I've been on this list since about 1998 or 9. Do I win something?

Alex in NYC

On May 20, 2011, at 8:18 AM, Nick Scott wrote:

> I have been on this forum lurking for many years with rarely posting.

> To be honest, this does not work as a forum anyway, it is an email

> list, it would be better structured as topics on a forum on a proper

> website in my opinion.

> Perhaps if there was structure, with column headings, topics etc,

> things on here wouldn't get as fragmented.

> On 20 May 2011 13:15, Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

>> I agree that an unwieldy portion of commentary here is entirely

>> flotsam, but

>> I assure this was not always the case. By the same token, being an

>> open

>> forum, its very nature encourages differing opinions. You would

>> prefer maybe

>> to simply read press releases that all tow a singular party line?

>> Alex in NYC

>> On May 20, 2011, at 8:13 AM, Nick Scott wrote:

>>> 90% of the comments on this so called "Gathering" forum is dross

>>> anyway, you either get trolls, thread spoilers or what I would term

>>> "aggressors". Perhaps it is because I am tired or reading bitching