[kj] Lastest Blog Post from Youth:

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 6 13:48:00 EST 2010

I first joined this list after Hosannas came out [3 whole fucking years
ago which is hard to believe when i think of it]. So I'm a "newbie" by
most folks' standards.

Yet all I have learned since then is that KJ seem to have an ingrained,
perverse desire to continually shoot themselves in the foot.

I have also, since I became a fanboy of this amazing band, advocated and
argued they should play Austin SXSW! That's not a "tour" -- but it is
the kind of thing that could buttress their reputation and fan base,
keep them on the radar. In a big way.

If Killing Joke played South by Southwest, coming up in a week and a
half now actually, how could they go wrong? Answer: They couldn't.
They're so talented all-around yet they always find some way, even if it
is admittedly out of their control, to never quite go beyond "cult band"
status. Hell, maybe that is why we like them so much?

-Oliver