[kj] Endgame(s)mix

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 3 16:52:40 EST 2010

Phil wrote: "sorry, but Killing Joke are not, and should never be 'lo-fi
garagerock'.

Phil,

I have an awesome early version of "Are You receiving?" that says
otherwise! :)

Seriously, though, I like the "Universe B" approach (like I actually
said, even) -- the "epic" approach, and it'd be great if they went more
in that vein, to me, but I also don't mind production values that do not
sound like they either cost either a million bucks, or were done by, er,
"professionals" (*cough*) are too slick, etc. I like how "End Game"
sounded as it was/is - ripped off streaming radio. But as everyone else
said, it'll probably only sound better once we hear the actual, non-web
streamed version, whose quality was surely compromised. I love the
rough/raw Radcliffe versions of songs like "Exorcism" and "Whiteout"
(KIlling Joke, "Whiteout"(rough)"
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SKuN8VVWgU>)- but hey, that's just me.

-Oliver