[kj] OT PiL Tomorrow

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 10:52:49 EST 2010

I thought the gig was fucking fantastic and well worth every penny of my 40
squids,
even including the fact that I missed the first song - which was Public
Image, AAAARGH -
due to waiting for tardy friends. The sound was generally excellent,
especially for the crappy
cavernous Academy, and toward the end they seemed to turn everything up.
Anna Lisa
and Religion were simply stunning, and the bass was knocking us off our
feet. Rise, Albatross
and other Metal Box tracks and Flowers of Romance were also highlights for
me.
Lydon was thoroughly into it and there was no sign of the dreaded panto
Johnny persona.
Top night all round - well glad that I went.