[kj] Wiltern Los Angeles Ticket Warning

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Fri Dec 10 13:28:17 EST 2010

Anyone who bought tickets for The LA Wiltern show way the fuck back last December when the show originally went on sale take
heed....

Unless you have a hard ticket that was sent to you (and you have it in hand, you will need to call Ticketmaster/LiveNation asap.
This means you have a PDF file "print at home" order. Even if you originally printed the ticket right after you placed the order
and still have that dusty print out. Apparently, because the event code was changed or some bullshit when the show was reschedules
from June 6th to Dec 18th, it's very debatable whether the barcode is valid when the ticket will be scanned the night of the show.
This is according to the Live Nation CSR I talked to today and may only apply to the LA show (I don't know what if any problems
people who bought tickets last year have had with other shows on the US leg).

I never printed my ticket when I bought it online the original on sale date last December and when I went to access the link, it was
dead and the order didn't even show up on my TM/LN account ticket order history. I called Ticketmaster/LiveNation's so-called
customer service and spent nearly an hour this morning getting bounced around from CSR to CSR 'til someone finally was able to pull
the info of my original order. To compound matters, I long ago cancelled the credit card I bought the ticket with (due to the
interest rate getting hiked to 29%).

What she did was set it up so there's a hard ticket supposedly waiting for me at The Wiltern will call office the night of the show.
Fortunately, I only need ID to pick up the ticket. Considering what a clusterfuck this has been so far, I'm pretty nervous that
there'll be an actual ticket waiting for me and I'm not gonna be happy if I gotta buy another ticket that night.

If you have a "hard ticket," that is one that was mailed to you from TM, you're probably ok.

The number to call is: 888-598-4299 (7am - 9pm) East Coast hours

Expect to spend about 20 - 60 minutes on the phone. You must have your Order Number (12XXXXXXX) and the Box Office code (2439XXXX)
found on your original e-mail TM sent you when you placed your order when called TM/LN. Have that info handy when you pick up your
ticket at The Wiltern the night of the show.

Good luck!

T.B.