[kj] (OT) McClaren funeral write up from the NME

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 23 21:52:55 EDT 2010

Was London Dungeon around before or after the Misfits song of the same
title? (The Misfits/Glenn Danzig wrote it in 1979).

The Damned and The Misfits did a brief, legendary tour of England in
1979 (any flyers fromt his anyone? live recordings? posters???) when
Glenn Danzig and one or two other members of the Misfits got thrown in
jail for ... wha reason, I cannot recall. That's when Glenn Danzig wrote
"London Dungeon," in jail in England, and it went on to become one of
the Misfits' most beloved songs.

Like Black Flag playing with Venom, or Minor Threat playing with PiL,
The Misfits playing wit The Damned in England has always been one of
those lineups that has fascinated the hell out of me.

-0liver