[kj] Top 50 songs of 2000-2010

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 19 11:12:05 EDT 2010

I responded more re: this on Alex's blog after I got over my surliness
and chilled out about the My Chemical Romance, etc. He pointed out
Grinderman, which is a really good call. I hadn't even heard Grinderman
'til recently, to my shame, and that was one I had overlooked....

But I also remembered another band, who, like Fugazi, released their
last LP this past decade - the New Bomb Turks. Specifically, _The Night
Before the Day the Earth Stood Still_. I know there is a diff. between a
Top 50 and a, say, Top 100 list, in that just because something doesn't
make a Top 50 list it doesn't mean you don't like it - you just don't
like it enough to put in your own Top 50. Having said that, I do still
think Fugazi's last LP, _The Argument_, would be a glaring omission from
any serious Top 50 of 2000-2010... Oh, wait - have I said that before? :)

-0liver