[kj] Top 50 songs of 2000-2010

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 10:34:08 EDT 2010

Okay, here's my contribution to this mass debate. As some of you will probably not, it's a Top 40 rather than 50. I just couldn't come up with 50 without adding 3 or 4 songs from many artists/groups. As it is I had to select 2 songs from certain artists. My music tastes are a lot more album-oriented that song-oriented, but about a dozen of my choices come from artists who I wouldn't otherwise listen to; 'The Middle' is a fantastic tune, but I don't own anything else from Jimmy Eat World and haven't heard anything I've liked as much as 'The Middle'.

Anyway, here goes:

AFI- Girl's Not Grey
A Perfect Circle- Judith
Biffy Clyro- Mountains
Buck-Tick- Romance/Muma: The Nightmare
Damage Manual- Sunset Gun
Dandy Warhols- Get Off/We Used To Be Friends
D'espairsRay- Garnet/Sixty-Nine
Fear Factory- Linchpin
Gackt- Ash/Lust For Blood
Garbage- Cherry Lips (Go Baby Go!)
Idlewild- You Held The World In Your Arms/American English
Jimmy Eat World- The Middle
Kerli- Creepshow/Fragile
Killing Joke- Blood On Your Hands/Seeing Red
L'Arc-en-ciel- Ready Steady Go
Marilyn Manson- The Fight Song/Heart-Shaped Glasses
Michael Andrews & Gary Jules- Mad World
Moby- Extreme Ways
Nana Kitade- Kesenai Tsumi
Nine Inch Nails- The Hand That Feeds
Nelly Furtado- Turn Off The Light
Origa (w/ Yoko Kanno)- Inner Universe/Rise
Paul Oakenfold- Ready Steady Go
Recoil- Strange Hours
Robyn- With Every Heartbeat
Rob Zombie- Never Gonna Stop
Schwein- You're My Disease
Scott Matthew (w/Yoko Kanno)- Lithium Flower
Sugababes- Hole In The Head
Type O Negative- I Don't Wanna Be Me/Life Is Killing Me

Let the spewing of bile begin ;)

Jim.

NOW AVAILABLE: Flowers From Hell: The Modern Japanese Horror Film, by Jim Harper (Noir Publishing).

"Fascinating overview of the Japanese horror boom... Comprehensive, in-depth and slickly presented."- DVD Monthly.

Available from Noir Publishing, Amazon.co.uk, Waterstones and all good bookstores.