[kj] Top 50 songs of 2000-2010

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 16 10:39:03 EDT 2010

In other words, you can't admit you've made a mistake.

AKA: You've heard every single song this 29 yr old (RIP) guy [Jay
Reatard] made via Lost Sounds, his own solo Jay Reatard project, Nervous
Patterns, Final Solutions, and other bands, all within the past ten
years. No single song - at least, none that could beat out the rockin'
My Chemical Romance song you put in your Top 50 of the Last Decade -
beats anything he did. Viz.: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz6dKtkxt9Q>

Oh well. LCD Soundsystem for the win!

Come on, Alex - you know in 15 years Jay Reatard is gonna matter a lot
more than maybe 30% of the bands you put on your list. The guy was a
special talent.

-0liver