[kj] Top 50 songs of 2000-2010

Alex Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 16 10:31:28 EDT 2010

Again, Oliver, you seem to ENTIRELY MISS THE POINT that these lists are about ISOLATED SONGS. That I happened to like a My Chemical Romance song doesn't mean I'm defending them to the death, wearing a MCR back patch or getting an "I Love Gerard Way" tattoo. It means I thought it was a decent pop tune. Period.

The songs of Jay Reatard I heard DID NOTHING FOR ME. I didn't say I hated him and I didn't say "he's not cool" (like that matters... although I don't think "Jay Reatard" is an especially clever moniker). It's unfortunate that he's dead, but that doesn't mean I'm obligated to like his work. It's not a "mistake." I can't help what my ears tell me. And my ears just weren't excited by Jay Reatard's music.

Alex in NYC