[kj] Top 50 songs of 2000-2010

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 16 10:20:43 EDT 2010

I love ya too, bro.

But Jay Reatard, dead at 29, and with his amazing musical legacy behind
him - The Reatards Lost Sounds, Nervous Patterns, his solo stuff, Final
Solutions, so many more bands, etc. - yet NOTHING he did in the past ten
years beats out My Chemical Romance for your Top 50 list?

Even the NY Times did an obituary on this dude
(<http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/15/arts/music/15reatard.html>) That
blew me away.

And yet you can't make room for ONE SINGLE song (i.e.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K6TNitmtgo>) of his for the last ten
years? Come on, bro. TV Smith invited him as a guest guitarist on an
Adverts reunion tour not too long ago. And yet MCR beat this guy out on
your personal list? Alex, can you ever admit you have made a mistake?
Jay Reatard was pretty damn cool.

-0liver