[kj] OT: Edingburgh, German invasion mk III

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Tue Sep 15 06:45:46 EDT 2009

Well after a quick look,. there doesn't seem to be much gig-wise on those
dates. A few days earlier and you coulda come to the club I'm helping do...
a personal guarantee of any Killing Joke you wanted to hear... but it's not
to be!

As for pubs... Claire covered most of the decent ones. The Blind Begger has
closed from what I'm told. So as well as what she mentioned, I would try :
The Auld Hoose (St.Leonards)... good jukebox, good beers, does food, run by
good people.
The Phoenix (Broughton St)... good mix of folk and decent beer.
Bannermans (Cowgate)... bands most night, most probably some pish, but ya
never know, and they're easily avoided if yer not into it.

Henrys Cellar Bar (Morrison St) has bands most nights... great little
place. Can't say whether it'll be great bands though!
The Ark (Waterloo Place) has bands, but again it all depends on who! A lot
of random "3 unknown, unconnected bands thrown together" type bills.

I could give you some pointers for CHEAP pubs... but really, you don't
wanna go there!

As for stuff to do... I always say GHOST TOURS!! And climb some hills
(you'll be doing that anyway, just by walking about!).

Food places... I only know veggie and vegan. BUt everyone loves the Baked
Potato Shop in Cockburn St. Order 31 potatoes at once and really
make them smile ;)

I'll be up for a beer, so lemme know if you have time in between buying
kilts, whisky, shortbread and heroin.

Dave in...