[kj] fully ON topic - new tracks

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Fri Oct 9 07:43:51 EDT 2009

I like the idea of Groove Metal.? That prompts me to share with the list how much I love the way KJ combine truly funky bass with razor-edged guitar.? Reminds me of Tackhead in that respect.

That's an interesting point about taking post-1990 as "where they were heading".? Personally I don't see it like that; once Big Paul had gone, I think KJ changed direction, not deliberately, but because the creative tension that drove them forward had broken.? That's not to say that they haven't produced some amazing stuff since then, but I think the unique Joke-ness has never quite been there. <gets into nuclear bunker while armageddon-style flame war breaks out>

One of my exes was big on the Led Zep / KJ similarities, in particular A New Day (supposedly) sounded like LZ.

Think I'll put on some Tackhead.

Jamie