[kj] fully ON topic - new tracks

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Oct 8 17:30:43 EDT 2009

I think that first album in particular:

Requiem
Wardance (groove metal ;)
The Wait (speed / thrash)
possibily Primitive

Huge chunks of Extremities, easily the first half. Bloody good album but
will always be proto-Pandy to me, just in terms of what popped my cherry and
what I was contemporary with. I think Pandy was their metal zenith, and a
creative high water mark.

Other than that it's hard to pick individual tracks (easily)...but if I had
to peg them I'd say rock or metal was a dominant constituent. It's what
they've been doing predominantly since about 1990 so I suppose to me that
lends weight that that's what I was hearing and where they were heading.

If I had to pick a song that reminded me most of "Dub Metal" I'd say
Dominator is the perfect fit, but is that THE defining early KJ track? I
dunno if you could pick one, going from Nervous System to Requiem to Night
Time to One Step Ahead is just gonna divide fans, no way around it.

Anyway all you post punk wannabes just need to get over it, buy yourselves
some black t shirts, learn the horns, start drinking Jack and get over it.

*wink*

_____