[kj] OT: Whoah - Fugazi Steve Albini demos!?

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 12 17:06:03 EDT 2009

They were gonna do In On the Kill Taker with Albini but decided against it, for some reason, after hearing the demos that he had produced. There might be a little more to the story, I'm not sure. It would have been quite a different sounding album had Albini ended up producing, that's for sure. Better or worse, it's hard to say. I think that's probably their best album, although sometimes I'm torn between it and Red Medicine and sometimes even End Hits. They were always a great band. I kind of hope they decide to call it a day. Their last album, the Argument, was solid but not really up to snuff when compared to everything else. Another album from them would be cool but I'd hate for it to suck and be a pockmark on their discography.

Leigh

http://www.nightruiner.com
http://www.myspace.com/thesunthroughatelescope
http://www.myspace.com/lauderdale