[kj] Timewave, November Novelty

The Exorcist killingjoke at theimmortalfool.com
Tue Oct 21 21:11:18 EDT 2008

I never said there is anything wrong with co-operation (BTW, most
sports involve "Cooperation" ). Nor is there anything
wrong with helping others (There is a big difference from helping and
coddling/shilding/over protecting).
Nor do I think sports should be forced on anyone.

However banning sports (TAG? TAG!) from schools is ridiculous! The
same way a child learns hot and cold, right and wrong etc...
They have to learn and understand life lessons. One of them is you
don't always win. We all fail/lose at times and should
be taught how to deal with it. Besides it teaches the child how to
reach for higher goals and to better ones self. Oh, and did I
forget to mention that it's healthy and is a GREAT outlet for
children? (Yes, believe it or not, children DO need to run around.)

I was always a short and thin child (Now I'm a short and thin adult).
Not the most athletic. But I practiced sports, enjoyed it
and there came a time where people would actually prefer to have me
on their team rather than not. It wasn't always easy
but I worked on it, changed my status and improved my skills. When I
won, the feeling of accomplishment was all the greater
due to the odds being against it. When I lost I said "no biggie, life
goes on and I still enjoyed the game".

To coddle a child and over protect a child is not a good idea. Nor is
it a good idea to take away the rights from other children
who choose to be active in sports and enjoy them. I am sure that in
your lifetime you've come across "spoiled" children who
act like berserk fiends when they don't get what they want. They were
never told no and never told that they weren't the greatest.

When they get older they WILL have massive issues of dealing with
failure and letdowns especially when they don't have a
crutch to lean on. Think of your immune system... It actually needs
to be exposed to sickness in order to learn how to build up
combat and protect itself when your body gets infected. If you'd live
in a bubble all the time and be overly protected when the
time would come and you'd get sick your body wouldn't be able to
combat the illness.

No one mentioned "Toddler Survivor" (I've never even watched one
survivor episode, and proud of it!) and you're taking a simple
concept out of context and turning it into an extreme. Though I do
see Mr. Carlin talking about the corporate sponsors of "Toddler
Survivor" and the logo's... "Brought to you by HUGGIES ULTIMATES...
When the shit hits the fan we're there to keep it in check." LOL

Re: Carlin,

I don't agree with many of his views but you know what, he's damn
funny, he's damn insightful, he cracks me up and he said many
things that made me go "hmmmmm, I think he's got a point". I don't
think his work has anything to do with social darwinism.
Have you seen most of his stand up acts??? And anger... Well I hate
to break it to you but black/dark humor has always been around
espoused and eschewed by many. Could it be that his anger is at
really stupid shit that he'd seen being promoted?

(Wonder what you think of Lewis Black... LOL!)

Please don't define my interpretation of "kewlness" as you see it.
We'd probably be way off in many many aspects.
Though I must admit, "Dillinger" is a real cool kick ass name!

Best,
Yos