[kj] For those who miss the old Geordie sound

fluw fluwdot at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 13 23:24:58 EDT 2008

Thanks for those links matthew, I needed an antidote.

It is so sad: geordie's instrument used to drive the joke's atmosphere, and
emote the most complex harmonic maelstrom. now it is merely a pretty pom pom
shish-shing underneath the sub harmonic din of mis-aligned woofer waves.

His guitar is either feeding back - if he doesn't turn the volume pot down
during breaks in the music - or it is a buzzy little bee dying in jar a
thousand miles away.

Last night's performance was as if Geordie were a golden harp bedecked mime.
At times I forgot he was even on stage, and had to remind myself to listen
for him, incase a note or something recognizable as a familiar sound
presented itself from his side of the stage.

_____