[kj] ot- palin vote

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Oct 9 03:31:28 EDT 2008

You're pretty much preaching to the choir on that one. I believe it's a
moral imperative for people to develop their awareness of how things
really work, and do what they can to effect positive change...because the
fact is, if you think things couldn't be improved...well actually you're
probably a republican ;)

If what you mean is that it's a shame so much time and effort is spent in
arguing a false dichotomy, or a pointless sub-debate, fair enough. But I
am not entirely sure the best thing to do is to opt out of the system
entirely. Voter lethargy in the 'States is already a big problem, if you
look at the politics of those who don't vote it's a shame because polls
indicate that Americans want a vastly different form of Govt from what
they have, in terms of healthcare, overseas policy etc. So it stands to
reason that a lot of those who hold those opinions are non-voters.

So as I said, I see Omaba as the lesser of two evils. I suppose the big
picture view as you see it is that there's no difference. I'm not
interested in arguing about it too much because I can see your point of
view and I have to agree it seems equally as valid as mine from certain
angles. Time will tell I suppose.

Your scenarios below are speculation at this stage. And in terms of the
troop withdrawals...you're really not going to get a lot of sympathy, from
me at least, for the mercs. As far as the army...career soldiers get very
little sympathy from me. The young kids who were indoctrinated in American
propaganda from birth by society, parents, friends and other family
members...it's a shame. But it's also a shame that more Iraqi civilians
have died than any other group, so big picture, well, the USA made it's
bed..."sleep now in the fire." That's what you get for trusting your govt.

Iran...hasn't happened yet. I don't imagine the US wants another
disastrous war, with a far stronger and more resolute enemy, it's already
spread too thin. And the economy is fucked. Bu who knows.

And support from an arms producer....no shit. He also wouldn't have been
so much as considered for nomination if he wasn't a Christian ...selling
out to lobby groups - corporates and christians in particular - has been
par for the course in American politics for a long time.