[kj] OT - Last Shadow Puppets

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 06:44:23 EST 2008

I tend to veer the other way. I think Homme's guitar work with Kyuss is
superb but he has got continually less interesting as QOTSA's career
has progressed. Love the first album and Songs for the Deaf but the last
two have left me rather cold.
Kyuss, however, still remain the benchmark for heavy rock as far as
I'm concerned - seeing them play is still one of the highpoints of my
gig-going life.
And yes, that last track on the last album was a hell of a way to
close.
PS: Worth tracking down if you don't have it is Unida's 'lost album'
(Kyuss singer John Garcia's band) - they were apparently on track to
record it with Rick Rubin but then somehow someone dropped
the ball, it never came out and the band split. However, you
can get vinyl copies on eBay or download a torrent - both excellent
studio quality. Album is called 'The Great Divide'. (And bizarrely it is
on LastFM also)