[kj] OT - THE CURE: Fantastic ! (14.03 - Sportpaleis Antwerpen

Peter Adams praest76 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 06:11:28 EDT 2008

On 17/03/2008, Janean Lancaster <Janean.Lancaster at hopwood.ac.uk> wrote:

> Yeah, it's a real bummer about the no keyboards thing. Some songs need it -

> quite like how they handle Plainsong, but it's not as good as the sweeping

> strings/keys.

> I know the long term keyboardist left (or more likely was pushed) but Porl

> can play keys - he used to back when Lol was in the band - so I don't see

> why he can't play them on some tracks.

> Still, I'm hoping it won't spoil things too much when I see them.

I don't think it will. It gave the songs a freshness I found. some of
that late-80's / early-90's stuff sounds a bit dated in the keyboard
parts. Same with KJ's stuff.

Hey, they could always get Lol to re-join the band if they really need
keyboards. I thought he and Robert were back on reasonable terms
again? I even saw a photo of the two of them together, maybe it was
taken just before Robert pushed Lol into a river or something.

...and if his keyboards suck they could always unplug him during the
concerts, like they apparently used to.

--
PRAEst76
http://www.escapism.co.uk/praest76