[kj] Getting in touch w/ jaz and his likelihood of responding

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 12 15:20:24 EDT 2008

Yeah, that is the kind of cool thing that DIY-minded folks will do, in
my book, and in theory. People that are used to rock stars insulating
themselves from the public, being inacessible, etc., and just take that
as the "norm" are less likely to understand why I think it's hilarious
a Penny Rimbaud letter would go on eBay for $70 USD -- for its "superb
musical content," no less (as if it were a Hallmark card that played
music, maybe "Big A Little A," when opened).

That is a different ethos, etc., tha the types of folks who would say,
if you were interested in an interview, "Well, why don't you talk to my
people, and they'll see f I can do it." "Their people" (publicists) look
into the journalist, their paper, and see if it's worth a damn (has high
circulation, etc.) The old punk thing was the opposite of that.

But you know this.

-Oliver