[kj] Getting in touch w/ jaz and his likelihood of responding

Alex Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 12 14:26:07 EDT 2008

True story: Ian MacKaye called my home. I'd called Dischord records to see if I could interview the man for a cover story for the crappy music mag I was writing for at the time. About two weeks later, Ian called my home (this is, like, 1989). I wasn't home, so he ended up talking to my Mom. She said he was a very polite young man.

Alex in NYC