[kj] Congrats Obama

folk devil folkdevil_23 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 4 16:52:51 EDT 2008

you mean it will just be business, as usual? ;)

Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 21:44:07 +0100From: ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.ukTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] Congrats Obama

Why on earth are you likening the idea that the elected person should be the best person for the
job (not a point-making exercise on a socio-political level) to going into Iraq? EVERYONE could
see that was fucked.

It *won't* be a new dawn & people will be VERY disappointed in Obama if he gets in & just happens
to be like the rest of 'em (politicians), which of course, he will be.

So YAY! Let's vote for the black dude to make a point! YAY!!! It'll make us feel warm inside... for
a while... all it's going to prove is that skin colour means fuck all, to those that care to listen...

-----Original Message-----From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On Behalf Of Karen WeilSent: 04 June 2008 18:43To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)Subject: Re: [kj] Congrats Obama
Really? Isn't that essentially what we're doing in Iraq? Babysitting?
And I hate to break this to you, but pre-emptive wars/occupations are NOT in the public's best interest!

k.w.