[kj] (OT) Love and Rockets Reunion a Go + Bauhaus

T.B. Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Wed Jan 23 13:52:10 EST 2008

For those that may be interested, Love and Rockets have been confirmed as
co-headliners (with Roger Waters(?!?) for desert California's Coachella
festival, and they'll be playing on April 27th, the last night of the 3 day
festival. Also, Portishead and The Ranconteurs are playing the other nights
which is about the only high points of an otherwise boring lineup this year.

FWIW, there's strong rumors Love and Rockets will be playing The Wiltern in
Los Angeles during the Summer (which is excellent as far as I'm concerned).

>From what I understand, they are following pretty much the same path as

Jesus and The Mary Chain and of course, Bauhaus did the last couple years by
doing Coachella and *after* playing that date, announcing a theater-sized US
tour for Summer into Fall with a European swing.

Also, keep a close eye on a warm-up show at the Glass House in inland SoCal
a few days before April 27th.

As fas as songs they might play, I'm really hoping to hear "The Dog End Of A
Day Gone By," "Trip And Glide," "Love Me," and especially "Bound For Hell."

BTW, the new Bauhaus album coming out in march has been leaked to the usual
torrent sites. IMO, it's like most reunion efforts, overall not up to par
with their classic work but it's still got some excellent tunes, a few which
compare favorably to their early 80's classics despite being recorded in
only a few weeks over a year ago which led to the band again splitting with
Peter Murphy.

T.B.