[kj] OT: HAPPY pil

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 23 13:45:54 EST 2008

My next door neighbor told me the story. He's from Seattle. Evidently,
Green River (later members of Mudhoney & Pearl Jam) opened for PiL and
evidently made quite an impression. The local crowd loved Green River
and really turned on PiL when they took the stage (while Green River
was busy trashing PiL's dressing room, etc. etc.)

In any case, Lydon's had a grudge about it ever since.

Not sure if that's true, but that's the tale I was told.

Ale xin NYC