[kj] Shoulder Surgery Sure Sucks

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Fri Feb 29 22:13:44 EST 2008

I've done a fair bit of research into shoulder rehab, lemme know if you want
some advice TB, I've had shoulder issues for a long time. May be a bit late
after the surgery of course, but who knows.

Was it a traumatic injury or built up condition?

PS: Does anyone have any good approaches to dealing with pain? Personally I
find deep slow breathing helps, through the nose, out the mouth. I also use
a bit of visualisation. Pot is my favourite pain med.

PPS: If you could predict which biotech company comes up with a decent
tissue-regeneration pill or procedure, esp connective tissue and
cartilage...you'd be a billionaire. Everyone and his dog seems to suffer
from musculoskeletal issues. Office workers / students for sitting down too
much, physical workers for various overuse syndromes, the vast majority of
athletes and sportspeople inc runners etc...anyone as they age...the market
is HUGE, the debilitation is very serious, and the amount of money most
people with chronic injuries would be prepared to wave a magic wand and have
it all go away...is HUGE.

I'd pay big money right now to fix several issues. Rehab is not cheap,
neither is time off work, and all the reduced productivity, not to mention
the loss of enjoyment of life. I'm frequently in a less than ideal mood if
I'm in pain because I haven't done my stretching and rehab, haven't got
enough sleep, and hence I'm in constant pain / limping for a day or two. Of
course, by the same token, I feel great after a long stretch and massage,
and when I'm on top of my rehab and haven't been aggravating anything in the
gym, and I'm well rested.