[kj] OT: Messerschmitt (was re: Jaz's Birthday)

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Tue Feb 26 21:00:20 EST 2008

Despite an eventual technological advantage, it came too late. They got
pasted in the air war by the Allies. Which included pilots from many
countries as well as the RAF and USAF.

In 44 / 45 the Allies had air superiority, to the extent that they conducted
terror raids, bombing remote villages and towns, farms, massive carpet
bombing of cities (Dresden is a name everyone is aware of in that
context)...to demonstrate to the german people that they were completely
beaten in the air, the propaganda from their own side was just that, and
they could be attacked wherever, whenever, and they would be.