[kj] OT: Messerschmitt (was re: Jaz's Birthday)

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 26 21:09:29 EST 2008

Yeah, I know there was a big scramble in '45 between the US/UK/Allies
and the Russians to appropriate Nazi science once Germany was occupied.
That included the US's "Operation Paperclip," --
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_paperclip -- which was
essentially the importing of Nazi scientists into the US, excusing them
of war crimes, etc., and putting them to work at places like White
Sands, etc.

-Oliver