[kj] OT: Messerschmitt (was re: Jaz's Birthday)

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 20:41:13 EST 2008

During the early'ish years of World War 2 they (MesserSchmitts) were designed
at a then-secret facility out on Long Island (New York) run by the War Department
(now the Defense Dep't.).
The workers and design engineers, getting kind surly and unruly after livingthere
while were virtually sequestered on site by the War Dep't. for the duration of the project -
and it being Long Island - there wasn't much to be done; the workers would gather on
weekends and holidays and eventually made music but only with instruments
manufactured in their facilities.
This 'punk' music they played spread to the U.K. with the troops and thence, the World.
~~ the end

j/k
"B. Oliver Sheppard" <bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
The Messerschmitt was designed in New York? Can you provide some
evidence (a credible website, etc.)? I don't mean this is a surly
challenge, I'd actually like to read more about it, because I always
hear "the Germans beat us [Americans]" in the aviation field by
designing the first jets. A lot of the technological arms race stuff is
something I find interesting.

-Oliver

sade1 wrote:

> > Messerschmitt ME-262 - first fighter jet ever

> Originally designed in New York, not Germany, just so's you know's.....

As the masters rot on walls
And the angels eat their grapes
I watched picasso
visit the planet of the apes