[kj] ot. new bauhaus C.D, ;( "here come the comedown.."

Bette Dillinger bettedillinger at live.com
Wed Apr 16 19:58:49 EDT 2008

I saw Peter Murphy a few years ago at a bar called "Industry".....it was fantastic. He even did some mime moves in honor of Bowie! The only weird part was when a 15 year old girl rushed the stage in a black wedding dress and gave him roses (it was a very small place), screaming her head off about her love for him. He was very kind to her.

Does anyone know the story about Madonna trying to pick up the keyboardist on his first solo tour? He has told it in a few interviews.

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:39:47 -0700From: saulomar1 at yahoo.comTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] ot. new bauhaus C.D, ;( "here come the comedown.."
Last time i saw Peter Murphy sing was at the Haus of Blus a few years back.
He closed the show with David Bowie's "Space Oddity" and everyone was blown
away. Everyone left speechless, sublimely satiated, and awed.
(Is it possible to go into a good state of shock?)
Funny during that show, one of the guitarists had to use the bathroom halfway thru
the set -- so the band waited for him. We all just sort of stood there, as Peter talked
to the crowd.

"T.B." <Partyslammer at socal.rr.com> wrote:
"sade1" wrote:>> i just always thought that -bauhaus wripping them off was unessary>> It says on Youtube that Bowie himself has said Murphy's singing of> Ziggy Stardust was the way it should be sung (or was it Space Oddity?).> But if someone knows of any dirty detail of Bauhaus taking anything, do > share. :)It was Ziggy Stardust.BTW, as far as I know, here's a fairly complete list of songs Bauhaus has covered and officially released:Ziggy Stardust - BowieTelegram Sam - T RexRosegarden Funeral of Sores - John CaleThird Uncle - Brian EnoWaiting For The Man (live on cd only) - Velvet UndergroundThe Passenger (live on dvd only) - Iggy PopSeverence - Dead Can Dance> I think it is a fine and dotted, swervy, loopy line between > manifesting art> inevitably via your influences and inspirations, and straight-out ripping > them> off *cough-cough*NirvanaofKillingJoke*cough-cough-fart* and i feel, IMO,> that Bauhaus didn't violate that distinction.> If anyone knows of any, I would love to read an interview with both > Bowie and> anyone from Bauhaus addressing that mini-issue.Bowie really liked Bauhaus. Enough to insist Bauhaus be featured at the beginning of the otherwise dull early 80's vampire movie "The Hunger."T.B. _______________________________________________Gathering mailing listGathering at misera.nethttp://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering
... ... ... ... ... ... (looking at the current state of things)
'Save me..
save me from Tomorrow.. I don't want to sail in this Ship Of Fools...!'