[kj] ot. new bauhaus C.D, ;( "here come the comedown.."

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 18:39:47 EDT 2008

Last time i saw Peter Murphy sing was at the Haus of Blus a few years back.
He closed the show with David Bowie's "Space Oddity" and everyone was blown
away. Everyone left speechless, sublimely satiated, and awed.
(Is it possible to go into a good state of shock?)

Funny during that show, one of the guitarists had to use the bathroom halfway thru
the set -- so the band waited for him. We all just sort of stood there, as Peter talked
to the crowd.

"T.B." <Partyslammer at socal.rr.com> wrote:
"sade1" wrote:

>> i just always thought that -bauhaus wripping them off was unessary

> It says on Youtube that Bowie himself has said Murphy's singing of

> Ziggy Stardust was the way it should be sung (or was it Space Oddity?).

> But if someone knows of any dirty detail of Bauhaus taking anything, do

> share. :)

It was Ziggy Stardust.

BTW, as far as I know, here's a fairly complete list of songs Bauhaus has
covered and officially released:

Ziggy Stardust - Bowie
Telegram Sam - T Rex
Rosegarden Funeral of Sores - John Cale
Third Uncle - Brian Eno
Waiting For The Man (live on cd only) - Velvet Underground
The Passenger (live on dvd only) - Iggy Pop
Severence - Dead Can Dance

> I think it is a fine and dotted, swervy, loopy line between

> manifesting art

> inevitably via your influences and inspirations, and straight-out ripping

> them

> off *cough-cough*NirvanaofKillingJoke*cough-cough-fart* and i feel, IMO,

> that Bauhaus didn't violate that distinction.

> If anyone knows of any, I would love to read an interview with both

> Bowie and

> anyone from Bauhaus addressing that mini-issue.

Bowie really liked Bauhaus. Enough to insist Bauhaus be featured at the
beginning of the otherwise dull early 80's vampire movie "The Hunger."

T.B.

(looking at the current state of things)

'Save me..
save me from Tomorrow..
I don't want to sail in this Ship Of Fools...!'