[kj] ot. new bauhaus C.D, ;( what a let down!

T.B. Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Wed Apr 16 17:54:18 EDT 2008

"sade1" wrote:

>> i just always thought that -bauhaus wripping them off was unessary

> It says on Youtube that Bowie himself has said Murphy's singing of

> Ziggy Stardust was the way it should be sung (or was it Space Oddity?).

> But if someone knows of any dirty detail of Bauhaus taking anything, do

> share. :)

It was Ziggy Stardust.

BTW, as far as I know, here's a fairly complete list of songs Bauhaus has
covered and officially released:

Ziggy Stardust - Bowie
Telegram Sam - T Rex
Rosegarden Funeral of Sores - John Cale
Third Uncle - Brian Eno
Waiting For The Man (live on cd only) - Velvet Underground
The Passenger (live on dvd only) - Iggy Pop
Severence - Dead Can Dance

> I think it is a fine and dotted, swervy, loopy line between

> manifesting art

> inevitably via your influences and inspirations, and straight-out ripping

> them

> off *cough-cough*NirvanaofKillingJoke*cough-cough-fart* and i feel, IMO,

> that Bauhaus didn't violate that distinction.

> If anyone knows of any, I would love to read an interview with both

> Bowie and

> anyone from Bauhaus addressing that mini-issue.

Bowie really liked Bauhaus. Enough to insist Bauhaus be featured at the
beginning of the otherwise dull early 80's vampire movie "The Hunger."

T.B.