[kj] ot. new bauhaus C.D, ;( what a let down!

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 17:18:10 EDT 2008

> i just always thought that -bauhaus wripping them off was unessary

It says on Youtube that Bowie himself has said Murphy's singing of
Ziggy Stardust was the way it should be sung (or was it Space Oddity?).
But if someone knows of any dirty detail of Bauhaus taking anything, do share. :)

I think it is a fine and dotted, swervy, loopy line between manifesting art
inevitably via your influences and inspirations, and straight-out ripping them
off *cough-cough*NirvanaofKillingJoke*cough-cough-fart* and i feel, IMO,
that Bauhaus didn't violate that distinction.
If anyone knows of any, I would love to read an interview with both Bowie and
anyone from Bauhaus addressing that mini-issue.

melinda grant <hollytree1961 at hotmail.com> wrote:
.hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma } i think thats the problem t.b,as i never did like -bauhauses versions of"ziggy stardust or telegram sam ;(
although i do like bowie and t-rex as artists,i just always thought that -bauhaus wripping them off was unessary seeing as bauhaus has there own unique style,i wonder why they didnt use it this time around and after all those years ;/!

> From: Partyslammer at socal.rr.com

> To: gathering at misera.net

> Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:31:06 -0700

> Subject: Re: [kj] ot. new bauhaus C.D, ;( what a let down!

> "melinda grant" wrote:

> i brought the new--bauhaus- c.d over the weekend,(IT HAS NO TITLE OR TRACK

> LISTING)i was getting pritty excited about what new material they had come

> up with,as i have always been a fan of there stuff right from-dark

> entries/bela days,so i put on the new c.d,listened to every track from start

> to finish,then i thought"this is bloody dredful,its as if they had hardly

> bothered to try at all,it sound bland,commercial,unoriginal,i was more than

> dissapointed i can tell you,so much so that its going back to h.m.v

> a.s.a.p!

> how did others feel about bauhauses new offering? any gatherer out there who

> actually like it ;/ if so id love to understand how ;)

> +++++++++++

> I liked it. It's definately not up to par with their best work from the

> 80's and sure, there's a few crappy tracks but imo, there's also a handful

> of keepers on this one. I like the whole raw, trashy post-T Rex/Ziggy

> Stardust vibe the best tracks have. It's like the album's biggest strength,

> which is the rushed, down and dirty way it was written and recorded is also

> it's biggest weakness. Some tracks could have benefitted from further work

> and polishing, while others would have suffred from being overworked.

> BTW, there is a track listing and other info on the inside, it's all printed

> in gloss white on a white background so it's nearly impossible to see.

> T.B.

(looking at the current state of things)

'Save me..
save me from Tomorrow..
I don't want to sail in this Ship Of Fools...!'

http://mail.yahoo.com