[kj] KJ2003

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 06:52:52 EDT 2008

I'm playing this for the 1st time in - crumbs - probably since
Hosannas came out.

I'd forgotten how good an album it actually is.

Maybe it's hearing it again after so long.
Compared to the muddy production of Hosannas it sounds really fresh.

Hanyhoo, it's got me thinking...
Actually, I'm going to pretend I'm that woman on Men in Trees.
(Yes, I am a girl, but the wife likes it & it reminds me of Northern
Exposure.)

"Hey Elmo, me & my friend Patrick were just discussing the production
short falls of the ever unpopular but oh so influential beat combo
Killing Joke.
Would our affections towards certain recordings be different were they
produced differently from the outset? Live many tracks take on a
totally different light.
So my question to you Elmo is: with better production, how many
Killing Joke albums would we view in an entirely different light?"