[kj] OT: Pop Music Rant

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Mon Sep 10 17:13:38 EDT 2007

Agree with you both, it's good that I can mention that I like Queen, Tears
for Fears etc (I mean if you have a problem with them you probably have a
problem with at least two Killing Joke albums.), Danzig even.and admittedly
a lot of it for historical reasons. I spoke to a guy in NZ who worked in the
music industry here and o/s for ages, worked his way up quite high, and he
said Tears for Fears were top chaps to meet and put on a brilliant show.

Not sure if anyone has forgiven me for mentioning Blind Melon, not really
sure why.thank god I didn't mention that I like Dionne Warwick, Aretha
Franklin, and Annie Lennox :-)

Bearing in mind the vast majority of my listening time is spent on Killing
Joke, Tool, Soundgarden, Kyuss, System of a Down, Alice in Chains, Leftfield
etc.so without some different music pretty soon I'd start looking like
Animal off The Muppets.

BQ

_____