[kj] OT: Pop Music Rant

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 14:07:24 EDT 2007

On 10 Sep 2007, at 18:55, Alexander Smith wrote:

> "but Alex, they sold x million copies of the record in the first

> week!!"

I'm a big believer in that if you want to hear good music don't
listen to the charts.
Not always the case, but i'd say that's true 97.895% of the time.
As for guilty pleasures, I have a gazillion of them. Why pigeon hole
yourself.
I like what i like, as should everyone, & if something tickles your
music tendon, it tickles it.
Even Mariah Carey - who's opinion of I share Alex - I can appreciate
she has a good voice.
I wish she wouldn't use it & I kinda wish she'd get run over - but
there's no denying she can sing.

Erm... stuff.