[kj] Poll anyone ?

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Sun Sep 9 04:18:56 EDT 2007

1. Who are you ?

Brendan Quinn

2. Where are you ?

Auckland, New Zealand

3. How are you ?

Good.

4. Heard anything good lately that you'd like to share ?

Going through my KJ collection and familiarising myself with everything,
condensing what probably took a lot of you a long time, against a backdrop
of two or three decades and all sorts of ups and downs of life, into a short
period, but hey, better late than never. Just heard A New Day a month or so
ago and loving it.

5. Where do you stand on the great 'Hosannas' debate ?

a) it's a flawed masterpiece - classic KJ

b) it sucks a big fat one

c) the songs are fine but the sound is awful

d) its OK

VOUCH! It's bloody good, although needs the rough edges filed down and a bit
of a polish. Gratitude carries some of the strongest sentiment I have heard
from the Joke, I really like the ethos of The Gathering, and to me Gratitude
is one of the many songs they have done that communicates the ethic well.

6. If KJ were to do one of those one off gigs where they play one of
their classic albums all the way through, which one should they do ?

Pandemonium, at a Killing Joke tribute gig :-)

7. Favourite 3 KJ album covers.......?

Killing Joke (original), Pandemonium, Hosannahs

8. Least favourite KJ album cover

Firedances, looks gaytarded.

9. Which is it to be - King Crimson or Queen ?

a)King Crimson

b) Queen

c) both of the above

d) neither of the above - I'm a Rush fan

Queen, both others are good though

10. Which Queen song would you like to see KJ cover ?

Would love to see Geordie try to recreate Brian May's live nine minute
BRIGHTON ROCK solo with the great heaps of delay so thick it sounds like
there's three of the lanky cunt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m69BrvJNfg

Mostly however to see the look on Jaz's face as he was forced to sit through
a self indulgent 9 minute solo :-)

11. And which Crimso tune ?

Not up on them yet.

12. Whats Geordie's solo album going to sound like ?

Lets just say it will be a statement if it sounds better than OTG, which was
basically a Jaz solo effort. That will be one comparison I level at it I
suppose.

13. Got any good gigs coming up ?

Embarassed to say I'm seeing Linkin Park, only because Chris Cornell is
opening, and Soundgarden are godhead.I will be leaving before they come on.

14. Where do you stand on the great 'Democracy' debate ?

a) it's a flawed masterpiece - classic KJ

b) it sucks a big fat one

c) the songs are fine but the sound is awful

d) its OK

It's not all that bad, stop being spoiled little sullen brats and eat what
you're given!

Oh and Pilgrimage, great guitar sound, but always sounds to me like "Build a
bridge", that stupid sarcastic way of saying "get over it"

15. Peter West - is he

a) a top bloke - the Gathering would be a duller place without his
lively contributions

b) He remains the consummate wind-up merchant - never fails in getting
someone's hackles up.

c) A slightly sad character with too much time on his hands and an
over large chip on his shoulder

d) Peter who ?

e) None of the above

Knob-end.