[kj] killing joke rmxd

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Thu Oct 25 12:25:31 EDT 2007

True--the remix cd versions of Millenium and Pandemonium are pretty lame--either just longer versions of the original song or stupid techo type stuff that sounds nothing like the song...

From: vassifer at earthlink.netDate: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:31:08 -0400To: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] killing joke rmxd

Remix records like this are truly a strange phenom. "Serious dance music fans" wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole, meanwhile serious fans of the band find them entirely unsatisfying. If anything, it strikes me that they're aimed at the hapless completists. Sure, you may not like what's on the record -- BUT GOD FORBID THERE'S A PIECE OF RECORDED EPHEMERA FROM THE BAND THAT YOU DO NOT POSSESS!

Alex in NYC