[kj] killing joke rmxd

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 25 11:31:08 EDT 2007

Remix records like this are truly a strange phenom. "Serious dance
music fans" wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole, meanwhile
serious fans of the band find them entirely unsatisfying. If
anything, it strikes me that they're aimed at the hapless
completists. Sure, you may not like what's on the record -- BUT GOD
FORBID THERE'S A PIECE OF RECORDED EPHEMERA FROM THE BAND THAT YOU DO
NOT POSSESS!

Alex in NYC