[kj] killing joke rmxd

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Oct 25 23:48:09 EDT 2007

Yeah I tend to agree, I was thinking the other day that there's a good
market in commodities that buy into people's fear of 'missing out', or
relentless need to accumulate. Any PC gamers out there, the Diablo series
strikes me as in this category. constant incremental character development,
but for no point whatsoever.you simply can't fail to win the game if you can
click a mouse button over and over and over. Cool games in some ways, one of
the best sellers of all time, but God, it treats people like lab rats. Click
click click click REWARD click click click click REWARD

Home improvement catalogs.some of the shite they sell, mattress protector
protectors.

Microsoft Office versions coming out every few years but the vast majority
of people use just Word and Excel.which haven't changed fundamentally in
ages.

Self fucking help books.how many tens of thousands are needed? Yet people
are still just as ignorant and led as before.

Hollywood constantly re-hashing tired fucking movie themes, Robin Hood being
re-made every 6 years with the latest daft actor.

I've become quite a cynical shopper, one tip is to FUCKING HATE SHOPPING
(most guys qualify), and to hardly ever watch television, and mute the ads
when you do, never ever click on an online ad (the market in online
advertising is $US40 billion, set to double in 3 years.), have a hobby that
takes up most of your time and is participation-based not
accumulation-based.

Anyway, to the point.this trend makes genuinely creative, unique stuff like
KILLING JOKE all the more worthwhile (nice save huh?)

_____