[kj] off topic - FR. PERDURABO

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Oct 18 17:39:30 EDT 2007

He's a genius, you're a heretic, and I'm not listening anymore! ;)

If you read his books, he mixed a lot of political and current events
commentary into the mix, along with all the science, religion etc. I
suppose he just talked about what was on his mind at the time, to me the
OJ trial was massively important, when viewed as a social barometer. If
you can try to imagine it happening in the 50s or 60s for example...I
don't pretend to understand American culture or politics and I don't know
if I ever really will, but it certainly marked either a turning point, or
the public consciousness that a corner had been turned. Black man
blatantly obviously kills his blonde white wife (and whoever that other
bloke was :), flees the scene wiith blood on his hands, and gets away with
it for whatever reason. Inconceivable up until that point.

But perhaps RAW comes across better in print ;)

I've got Maybe Logic, the doco about him, and I personally find him quite
watchable in 'person.' One of the things I like most about him is how he
debunks the special mystical status of practically anyone who sets
themselves up as a religious / spiritual superior...most of them I find
wafty, absolute, closed minded and dogmatic. Like 'Osho'...re-hashing old
wisdom as though it's his own (although he's quite funny at times).