[kj] off topic - FR. PERDURABO

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 18 16:35:56 EDT 2007

One of the most disappointing experiences I've had was seeing Robert
Anton Wilson give a talk, live, in Dallas, 1994 (I think), courtesy of
the Church of the Subgenius. Paid good money to see him talk, and what
did he talk about? Well, remember how the OJ trial was going on and
everyone was on the edge of their seats watching it day and night?
That's what he talked about. The OJ trial. And not in some esoteric,
mind-blowing way, but in a pretty standard, CNN commentary way.

He did begin the talk by saying he thought he was a Discordian and also
with a "Hail Eris!" They brought out a couch for him to sit on, which he
did. It was odd and awkward. I didn't get the feeling the OJ talk was
some Discordian mindfuck, either. He just seemed to be really interested
in it.

-Oliver