[kj] OT: Swans recommendation

Blazingstar418 blazingstar418 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 12:30:57 EDT 2007

I'd suggest either of the live recordings "Real Love" or "Public Castration Is A Good Idea".

The best bargain however is the double pack CD of the studio albums "Cop/Young God"Greed/HolyMoney".
If you're interested in upgrading your old cassette, there's also a double pack CD release of "Filth/Body To Body, Job to Job.

More pummel for your peso.

A L P

"B. Oliver Sheppard" <bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net> wrote: About The Swans:

I have "Body to Body, Job to Job" compilation, which I like, but it's on
an old dubbed cassette that is ... Jesus ... maybe 13 years old now.

I know a lot of Swans stuff was mentioned, so my question is: For
someone who wants the meaniest, nastiest, most depressing, noisy Swans
stuff, what is the LP to get?

I ask partly because I'm puzzled that I'll do eBay searches and find
bands like Neurosis mentioned in the keywords along with The Swans, and
I've never though of the two as similar. So I'm guessing there's some
Swans stuff I haven't heard that's in that vein...?

-Oliver

"The scene was wild and somewhat sinister. The darkness, the palms, the mountainous background, the silent lake below, the impenetrable canopy of space, studded with secretive and significant stars, formed a stupendous setting for the savage noise and blaze of the ceremony."