[kj] FW: About those new Killing Joke shirts..

melinda grant hollytree1961 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 4 13:14:36 EDT 2007

gosh,that was a detailed reply,phew :D))perhaps you should be in the rag trade,you appear to know alot about these matters...um....

alot of people have the same dilemma as your self concerning correct sizes of items of clothing,so i dont know what else to suggest to you other than going for it if you want it,and if you are not sure,forget it for awhile or forget it altother if it causes you so much grief,life should not have to cause you so much stress should it

as for my self,i always buy t-shirt/shirt one size up from small,as i like that roomy feeling.

this is a bit off topic as you mentioned in your post your concern over the shirt maybe not fitting you properly.....well you read my reply i have nothing else to suggest on this subject at the mo ,excert to repeat how much i like those long sleeved shirts ect--you saw the post earlier:)> Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 11:38:58 -0500> From: bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net> To: gathering at misera.net> Subject: Re: [kj] FW: About those new Killing Joke shirts..> > Melinda, well, we're getting a litte off topic, but, yes, I have looked > into making my own Killing Joke shirts.> > For example, I made my own black long sleeve Joy Division shirt at > Cafepress.com. It arrived, and boy did the fit suck. I ordered an Adult > Medium. It came on a Hanes Beefy T -- thick cotton, and the wrists had > elastic, shrink to fit cuffs at the wrists that I really didn't like. > Even though it was a medium, it was large and billowy on me, so now I > use it as a shirt to sleep in, never to wear outside. Another company > like Fruit of the Loom, however, I find that their Adult Medium shirts > are not so big and fit just a little better, especially if it is a > cotton/poly blend, which I prefer. In fact, often I order Adult Small > because that ends up fitting just the way I like. This is all in > 'American sizes," whatever that means.> > It gets even more complicated when I order shirts from Europe, though. > They might print something on neither Hanes or Fruit of the Loom, so I > have no idea if their "adult small" will be super small and skin tight > (since a "small" in the US might take into account we're a nation of > obese people and thus make adult small sizes larger here), or if the > medium would be too large a billowy, which I don't like, either. I am > pretty picky. Even moreso when over $100 USD is on the online for > something I can't try on beforehand and would have to wait weeks for.> > So, in short, I have tried printing a long sleeve shirt from CafePress > and I really didn't like the fit, and can't recommend it to others. > Coffee mugs, maybe, but not shirts. Even though the well-muscled and > toned up model they have at their site looks just absolutely fabulous in > their apparel, for me it was more like getting a big baggy night shirt.> > > -Oliver> > > > > > Melinda wrote:> > so you have given up the idear of making your own from another > graffic,the one we spoke about awhile back? its always those hidden > little extras,like shipping charges that really p.....us all of/its like > buy this dvd player for instance,its a really good price,when you add > the cover charge for parts replacement--extra 50 quid or so all of a > sudden,its not such a bargain after all--if you want it,just get it. > > what if they dont fit/the shirt--you said..................> > > > just get the biggest size i suppose/ ex large,how big are you anyway? > > theres usually ex small/small/medium/large/ex large--dont you go into > > any of the last three catorgorys listed?> > ______________________________________________> > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering