[kj] FW: About those new Killing Joke shirts..

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 4 12:38:58 EDT 2007

Melinda, well, we're getting a litte off topic, but, yes, I have looked
into making my own Killing Joke shirts.

For example, I made my own black long sleeve Joy Division shirt at
Cafepress.com. It arrived, and boy did the fit suck. I ordered an Adult
Medium. It came on a Hanes Beefy T -- thick cotton, and the wrists had
elastic, shrink to fit cuffs at the wrists that I really didn't like.
Even though it was a medium, it was large and billowy on me, so now I
use it as a shirt to sleep in, never to wear outside. Another company
like Fruit of the Loom, however, I find that their Adult Medium shirts
are not so big and fit just a little better, especially if it is a
cotton/poly blend, which I prefer. In fact, often I order Adult Small
because that ends up fitting just the way I like. This is all in
'American sizes," whatever that means.

It gets even more complicated when I order shirts from Europe, though.
They might print something on neither Hanes or Fruit of the Loom, so I
have no idea if their "adult small" will be super small and skin tight
(since a "small" in the US might take into account we're a nation of
obese people and thus make adult small sizes larger here), or if the
medium would be too large a billowy, which I don't like, either. I am
pretty picky. Even moreso when over $100 USD is on the online for
something I can't try on beforehand and would have to wait weeks for.

So, in short, I have tried printing a long sleeve shirt from CafePress
and I really didn't like the fit, and can't recommend it to others.
Coffee mugs, maybe, but not shirts. Even though the well-muscled and
toned up model they have at their site looks just absolutely fabulous in
their apparel, for me it was more like getting a big baggy night shirt.

-Oliver

Melinda wrote:

so you have given up the idear of making your own from another
graffic,the one we spoke about awhile back? its always those hidden
little extras,like shipping charges that really p.....us all of/its like
buy this dvd player for instance,its a really good price,when you add
the cover charge for parts replacement--extra 50 quid or so all of a
sudden,its not such a bargain after all--if you want it,just get it.