[kj] Pistols in London - Bodies revealed.

Paul Wady paulwady at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 3 07:40:09 EDT 2007

I dont know if anyone has already explained this, but Bodies is quite a story.

The band used to get letters from a beautiful young woman who lived in a psychiatric hostpital in Birmingham. Lydon wrote about this in his 1994 autobiography. She once turned up on his doorstep wearing nothing at all, save a transparent bin bag. She had these scary eyes...

She talked about the male nurses there making her pregnant, when she wasnt hiding in the treehouse she claimed to have in the grounds. So there you have it, the tree and the abortions. Great song.

Keep Smiling...

From: gregslawson at msn.comTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 17:11:09 -0400Subject: Re: [kj] Pistols in London

What did Johnny say the song was really about, or what point was it making?

Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 20:22:21 +0100From: tim.bucknall at googlemail.comTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] Pistols in London
the bollocks DVD has a fantastic explanation of bodies, and also an interview that JL gave to sirius radio a few years back, explains it much better than i ever could

Gingoblin, you didn't like crystal palace?
wierd, i wasn't there but from bootlegs i would rate that 2002/3 tour much better than the 96 tour

i see theres now a pistols version of KJ's vinyl bootleg archive compilation,
"never trust a hippy" pity its a limited edition import
7 cds of live stuff kept me entertained all week, all bands should do one