[kj] GEORDIE'S TRACKS AVAILABLE

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 20 16:13:07 EST 2007

I feel somewhat remiss in joining the chorus of "Nay"s to the Geordie
tracks so far. I'd love to be able to suspend judgement until the
finished product is in. That all said, I've only listened to "Angels"
so far, and was not especially blown away (to put it mildly). The
guitars are nice, but as someone else said, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get
around the vocals/lyrics.

Moreover, I can't imagine what audience this is designed for.

Alex in NYC

On Nov 20, 2007, at 3:55 PM, B. Oliver Sheppard wrote:

> Geordie's one of my fave guitarists ever.

> On these songs, could he crank it up ("to 11!") and drown out that

> woman's voice? The female vocals are in that radio-friendly, Kelly

> Clarkson-y category of vocals, or something. Maybe I'm endlessly

> biased, but couldn't they be a bit more skewed to either the punk/

> metal side of things (Wendy O. Williams, Bekki Bondage, Poly

> Styrene) or at least post-punk (Siouxsie) type stuff, instead of this?

> Still, I am the guy who said I thought it'd be neat if Killing Joke

> came out with dynamic CDs that let one isolate instruments' tracks

> so you could listen to them solely. That is, I wish KJ (or any band)

> would make a CD in such a way that one could listen to merely the

> guitar, or drum, etc. parts, in isolation, if one wanted.

> I would honestly really rather either Geordie doing his flangey,

> crunchy, post-punk-meets-metal, Tabazan, The Wait, Kings and Queens

> type stuff -- WITHOUT vocals! (If he can't get Jaz or someone like

> Joan jett or Sioxusie or something).

> Maybe I'm being harsh. A raw Geordie guitar solo album with no vox,

> but perhaps with backup musicians, would kick ass, for me.

> I'll always love Geordie anyway, of course.

> -Oliver

> T.B. wrote:

>> "Leigh Newton" wrote:

>>> Yuck.