[kj] GEORDIE'S TRACKS AVAILABLE

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 20 17:40:59 EST 2007

Like Javier, I got a Van Halen vibe.

Granting all appropriate disclaimers that it's a work in progress and
I'll still reserve judgment to the last moment, etc., but this is sort
of why I've never really longed for a Geordie solo work. Partly because
I didn't know what to expect and partly because I feared the rest of the
components wouldn't move me. But I've always been curious (and will
remain so) for the opinions of those who've been calling for it.

I love Geordie's guitar work more than anything, but without other
artists providing creative tension, "gone solo" works rarely move me.
The lyrics, vocals, bass, drums, keys are all essential to the KJ
package for me, and even when it's not quite working, I like that I can
still feel the product of clashing artistic minds. That dynamic that
makes great bands great (and usually also tears them apart).

Thus far this doesn't do it for me (to be fair, neither did Atkins-ized,
Connelly-ized Damage Manual). But I hope it works out. Cheers for the
activity.

I'm also turned off by the singer's bio (I realize it's promo-speak, but
still ... *sigh*):
/
"Danni McCormack is a lady who isnt afraid to stand out in a crowd. A
life-time song-writer and a life-time show-off, Danni has already
created a stir with her evocative mix of visual stage performance,
stunning vocal range, and a taste in fashion as impactive as her music
on her new, self penned seven track demo CD.

With over a years gigging experience (including supporting artists such
as Tsunami Bomb) and dedicated fan base already under her belt, Miss
McCormack has the air of a lady who knows what she wants, and isnt
afraid to go out and get it."/

-Jiri