[kj] GEORDIE'S TRACKS AVAILABLE

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 20 15:55:54 EST 2007

Geordie's one of my fave guitarists ever.

On these songs, could he crank it up ("to 11!") and drown out that
woman's voice? The female vocals are in that radio-friendly, Kelly
Clarkson-y category of vocals, or something. Maybe I'm endlessly biased,
but couldn't they be a bit more skewed to either the punk/metal side of
things (Wendy O. Williams, Bekki Bondage, Poly Styrene) or at least
post-punk (Siouxsie) type stuff, instead of this?

Still, I am the guy who said I thought it'd be neat if Killing Joke came
out with dynamic CDs that let one isolate instruments' tracks so you
could listen to them solely. That is, I wish KJ (or any band) would make
a CD in such a way that one could listen to merely the guitar, or drum,
etc. parts, in isolation, if one wanted.

I would honestly really rather either Geordie doing his flangey,
crunchy, post-punk-meets-metal, Tabazan, The Wait, Kings and Queens type
stuff -- WITHOUT vocals! (If he can't get Jaz or someone like Joan jett
or Sioxusie or something).

Maybe I'm being harsh. A raw Geordie guitar solo album with no vox, but
perhaps with backup musicians, would kick ass, for me.

I'll always love Geordie anyway, of course.

-Oliver